Monday, June 1, 2020

Welcome!



Living independently and thriving with a disability is no task for the meek.  Every day strains your body and your character.  Every day brings new challenges, and every day is a test of endurance.  But every day is also an opportunity for victory, and that’s what matters most.  It is not the struggles people in the disabled community face, although that’s important.  It is not the setbacks they encounter.  What matters most is to go on, to make a difference, and to contribute in a positive way to the world around us.  That’s what matters, and that’s what this blog is all about.

After two years of surgery after surgery, life-threatening setback after life-threatening setback, and a grueling rehabilitation regimen from being hit by a drunk driver, I emerged with an unwavering resolution in my heart and I vowed to make it all count for something.  I wanted to share my story and bring hope to others with disabilities, while letting the world know that a disability is not a death sentence.  I found my purpose to inspire and give others hope. I don't believe there is anything too big for me. It’s that spirit and resolve that brought me to the world of inspiration speaking.  I've shared my story with tens of thousands, offered the lessons I've learned to the world at large, and let my humor uplift the hopeless. I want to continue to help even more!

Come join us on this blog as I bring my story of hope and words of encouragement, inspiration, and empowerment to an even broader audience. 


Dwight R. Owens

4 comments:

  1. Dwight, your life is a true testimony and powerful message for others who struggle with life. I am looking forward to reading more of your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's easy to write about something that you are passionate about.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Owen your life is a huge testimony. I am ready to hear more of your story and learn from you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Followers